Friday, March 10, 2017

Soak Your Troubles Away - Wall Piece

Hello Friends,

Today I'm here to share a fun project with you... I have been thinking of creating it for quite sometime and I did it at last today... And I love how the whole thing turned out and I'm sure you guys gonna love it too..

I made a wall piece out of 8by10 Canvas for Bathroom, As this quote was perfect for the place - "Soak your troubles away".

I will confront that this is not my original idea, I did saw it somewhere on Internet and I really liked the whole thing - how it was put together and this got stuck in my mind...
Well I did add a lot of elements that are completely  different from the original piece.. I added a lot of details that was not present in the original piece..

Well without much ado, let me share some pictures with you....


Isn't it gorgeous... Oh my gosh.. I love it...
I just love how beautiful it turned out.. I love that I was able to achieve that 3 dimensinal look that I wanted to create... It really looks like a Bathroom... 
So to create that look I first sketched out the outlines of the wall on the canvas with pencil.. Then to lighten that pencil mark I painted a layer of white gesso.. So my pencil mark was dark enough that I was able to see a little bit of my guide lines to paint the walls and create the 3d look but not very dark to look through the colors (as I used light pearl yellow paint to color my walls).

For my floor, I wanted to create a tiled effect similar to my bathroom, so I used light brown color to paint the floor and then added dimension using darker and lighter shades of brown.. 
It really turned out great...

Now for my elements on canvas - The bath tub, the shelf with bottles and the towel, I created all this separately and then stuck them on to the canvas..
I hand sketched the bathtub, legs and the bottles, fussy cut them and colored them to stick on the canvas.. For the shelf, I just cut a piece of paper and colored it and stuck it on to the canvas.. 



Then for the towel I used a scrap piece of cloth, cut it to size, colored it using copic markers and and folded using glue to make it look neat.. For the rods, I used a piece of chipboard, cut to size and for the side knobs I used one of the jewelry findingd from my stash.. I actually fit perfectly for the knob.. I bent the chipboard from both the sides and stuck it using glue, and then stuck the finding on top as if its holding the rod there.. And then I hanged the piece of cloth using some double sided tape.. 



You can see the close up picture above..

Then for the sentiment I used the Concord n 9th stamp set and stamped the whole sentiment using black archival ink.. But somehow I thought the sentiment was properly placed on the whole scene and it didnt look good to me,.. So then I used my black marker and added some balck dots here n there all over the scene to bind everything together...


A collage of pictures for you to see the piece and its close ups together..



Hope you enjoyed it.. Thank you for visiting.. Have a nice day...



No comments:

Post a Comment